We know time is running out to get the father in your life something for Father’s Day, so here’s some gifts from Amazon Prime that can be quickly sent right to your front door.
The focus of these gift ideas is the father who likes to spend time outdoors: hiking, camping, or practicing wilderness survival.
#1 Multifunctional Paracord Bracelet
Let’s face it: a survival kit is only good if you have it with you. This paracord braclet has all the essentials for survival that your father can carry right on his wrist, so it’s always within reach.
Its features include
- Whistle – Saves your voice if you have to get help.
- Fire starter – Besides the obvious, it also doubles as a knife.
- Compass – So you don’t lose your direction
- Paracord – Approximately 10.5’ of 550lb paracord, which can be used for anything from replacing a shoestring to making a shelter.
Even if he dosen’t want to wear it, it’s still handy to clip on a backpack.
Available on Amazon.com for $9.99 (for a two pack).
#2 LifeStraw Personal Water Filter
This gift is great for the father who likes to hike, camp, or just prep for an emergency. LifeStraw takes the worry out of finding clean water. Whether your father is on a back-country hike or camping in the local state park, clean water will always be available.
At 0.11lbs, it is extremely lightweight and easy to pack in its own sealed bag. It can filter out a minimum 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria and 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites. It does all this without chemicals, and can filter up 1,000 liters of water.
Available on Amazon.com for $19.95.
#3 Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate Pro Knife
This knife is great for any father who likes to spend time outdoors. I personally own this knife and can’t say enough good things about it. It has all the tools necessary to survive in the wild, and it’s been designed and tested by Bear Grylls himself. Whether or not you father is a fan of Bear Grylls, he will like this feature-packed knife.
Some of its features are
- Premium steel (9CR19MoV) – This makes the knife stronger and helps to keep it sharper longer.
- Non-slip grips – These help you hold onto the knife.
- Sharpener – It has a sharpener built right into the sheath, so you can keep the blade sharp as you use it.
- Fire Starter – Always handy to have a way to start a fire in a survival situation.
- Whistle – The lanyard has a built in safety whistle, which allows you to signal for help in an emergency situation.
- Full-tang construction – This also makes the knife stronger for those difficult survival tasks, such as splitting wood.
- Pommel – The base of the handle has a pommel, which can be used for a hammer.
- Survival Tips – It even comes with Bear Grylls’ priority of survival tips.
Available on Amazon.com currently for $71.41, but if you purchase by June 19th, 2016, Gerber is giving $10 off. Though it is a little on the pricy side, it is a worthwhile investment.